Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Joe Mauer: Not the spring chicken anymore

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like an octogenarian when they read through the birthdates on the Minnesota Twins baseball roster?  Oh my gosh.  I haven't left my 20s yet and even I feel a little weird that some of these Minnesota Twins baseball players could be kids I babysat in high school or picked on in elementary school.  I used to think Joe Mauer was so young, too, but let's face it: the guy is pushing 30!

Here are a few other Minnesota Twins baseball players with alarmingly young ages:

Alex Burnett (1987)
Trevor Plouffe (1986)
Liam Hendriks (1989)
Tyler Robertson (1987)

Oh, well.  Someday I'll be cackling from the upper deck of Target Field while the Minnesota Twins compete in what will hopefully still be America's favorite past-time (though by those days, it could very well be video games or virtual baseball!).  Replace that bun with a Minnesota Twins baseball hat, and you've got me pegged 6 decades from now. 
Clearly didn't think that was a strike.  Boo, hiss, you ump, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment