Monday, April 9, 2012

Joe Mauer Sideburns for Spring?

Are you a Joe Mauer sideburn lover or hater?  I know, I know.  You've been WAITING for this question ever since this little old blog got started.  We'll here it is, and I urge you to take a stand.

My personal journey on the path to Joe Mauer sideburn loving began when he hit the major leagues and everyone took notice of the facial hair look.  My theory is that young guys think it is way cool to finally be able to grow the stuff, and they take full advantage of this opportunity to inform the world, "I am a MAN!  Hear me roar!"

I thought it was hilarious when the Minnesota Twins hosted "Joe Mauer Sideburns Night" back in August 2006.  In fact, I was AT that game!  I wish I had a picture of my brother and I in our matching Joe Mauer sideburns, but alas the picture was saved only to my phone...the same phone that took a jump into a western Minnesota lake two months later and was never recovered (RIP Motorola L6).

Looks natural.
So, clearly, I am a Joe Mauer sideburns lover.  Surprised?  Probably not.  They're tasteful and well groomed, in my humble opinion.  But, I'd like to hear from you, Minnesota Twins fans and Joe Mauer on a Mission blog lurkers!

Joe Mauer's sideburns: Yay or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment