Saturday, June 9, 2012

Joe Mauer's Old Digs

Well, I would definitely never admit to being creepy enough to type "Where does Joe Mauer live?" into Google search.  Never in a million years!  But, if I heard about someone who just might have tried something that stalker-ish, I can attest to the fact that many, many people have asked this question.

Most of the answers that pop up to that question reference Joe Mauer's former home once shared with fellow Minnesota Twins player Justin Morneau.  The most in-depth article about the house was published in 2006 from Sports Illustrated and that lucky, lucky reporter was able to take the grand tour.  Kirby Puckett and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles memorabilia was noted as well as the fact the guys mostly feasted on either Jimmy Johns or Davanni's before/after games.  Here's the accompanying slide show of now outdated yet still interesting photos.

Not Joe Mauer's townhouse...but classic St. Paul styling anyway.

As far as where Joe Mauer lives today, I'm not even sure if I believe most of what's out there so I'm content with guessing: Lake Minnetonka?  A gated suburban community?  Somewhere in St. Paul near where he grew up on Lexington?  If I were Joe Mauer, I'd prefer to be anonymous and avoid crazy fans from tracking me down in my rare time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment